Monday, October 19, 2026

Happy Monday!! - I'm still becoming her...

 Good morning, good afternoon, or good evening, y’all. 💛

  So, this is my motivational post for this week… I hope you are all doing well and living your best life😁😁😁😁.  And please don't forget to like share follow for more and find me on my other social media platforms!!!  

So,

Lately, I’ve been thinking a lot about the person I want to become.

Not just the person I am today, but the woman I see when I close my eyes and imagine my future.

The woman who is confident.
The woman who follows through.
The woman who builds the things she dreams about.
The woman who isn't afraid to take up space.
The woman who turns her experiences into something that can help someone else.

And sometimes, if I’m being completely honest, I look at where I am and think:

“I thought I would be further along by now.”

Maybe you’ve felt that way too. Maybe you're trying to re-create yourself in order to achieve your goals. I want to be the first to say I think it's possible, I know that doesn't sound very encouraging but I am still dealing with the same thing so if you are dealing with that please let me know so I don't feel alone.

You make plans. You set goals. You picture how your life is supposed to look. And then… life happens.

A setback.

A disappointment.

A TBI (god forbid).

A baby.

A door that doesn't open.

Sometimes somethings in life, take longer than you expected; for certain people.

And suddenly, you start questioning yourself.

Am I behind?

Am I doing something wrong?

Should I have accomplished more by now?

For a long time, I think I looked at setbacks as evidence that I wasn't moving forward.

But I'm starting to see them differently.

Maybe a setback isn't stopping you. Maybe you are right on time. 

Maybe it's pushing you, past your limits.

Sometimes a setback forces you to slow down and figure out what you actually want.

Sometimes it makes you stronger.

Sometimes it teaches you patience.

Sometimes it introduces you to a version of yourself you didn't even know existed.

Sometimes it gives you the confidence to start things that have been in the backseat of your life for years; or you get the confidence to do something that you've been putting off for a long time.

And sometimes, a setback takes you somewhere completely different from where you thought you were going—and you eventually realize that different direction was exactly where you needed to be.

That doesn't mean setbacks don't hurt.

They do.

It doesn't mean I'm always positive about them.

I'm definitely not.

There are days when I get frustrated with myself and my situation. There are days when I compare myself to other people. There are days when I wonder why something that seems so easy for someone else feels so difficult for me, apart from my disability.

But I'm learning that someone else's timeline isn't mine.

I don't have to become "her" overnight.

I don't have to have everything figured out today.

I don't have to look like the finished product, while I'm still under construction.

Because that's exactly what I am.

I'm still becoming "her".

And maybe you are too (her or him).

Maybe you're becoming the person you've always wanted to be.

Maybe you're rebuilding after something knocked you down.

Maybe you're starting over.

Maybe you're chasing a dream that you thought you would have accomplished years ago.

Maybe you're learning to believe in yourself again.

Whatever your situation is, please don't mistake a setback for the end of your story.

A setback is a chapter.

It is not the whole book.

I think sometimes we put so much pressure on ourselves to arrive that we forget to appreciate the becoming.

But there is something beautiful about becoming.

There is beauty in figuring things out.

There is beauty in trying again.

There is beauty in realizing that the person you were five years ago isn't the same person you are today.

And there is beauty in knowing that the person you will be five years from now will probably surprise you too.

So, no, maybe I'm not exactly where I thought I would be.

Maybe some of my plans have taken longer than expected.

Maybe I've had setbacks that I never anticipated.

But I'm still here.

I'm still dreaming.

I'm still learning.

I'm still trying.

I'm still creating.

I'm still growing.

And most importantly…

I'm still becoming her.

And so ........... are you.

So if you're feeling behind today, take a breath.

Look at how far you've already come.

Give yourself credit for the things nobody else sees.

And then keep going.

Because sometimes the setback isn't there to push you backward.

Sometimes it's there to give you the push you needed to move forward.

I'm not finished.

You're not finished.

We're still becoming.

And maybe that's the whole point.

☀️ Keep becoming. Keep growing . Keep finding your sunshine.

Until next time,

Bea 💛
Living by the Sunshine ☀️

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not able to better my writing, unless you give me feedback.
Do what my 9th grade English teacher, or my ENC1102 teacher did!!
CRITICIZE ME... but nicely!!! :D